Monday, October 22, 2007

The Virtual World

What a mind-boggling concept. The digital age has started to make society even more psychologically implacable with the second life. The fact that so much about a persons life, both external and internal, can be tampured with via internet. Let's get real. I don't even like video games, so I wouldn't even consider a "2nd life". If you feel threatened in any way, just don't use it. The problem is technology/email is so demanded that it is easy to get caught into an interactive trap. Someday, I might just crack. I will go back up north and live in the woods where things aren't so damn complicated.

2 comments:

Galaxy Girl said...

I must agree. I don't understand the time and effort people take to create a virtual version of themselves or of who they would like to be, just to live in a fantasy world. There is a real world out there. Why don't they try to live in that?

My husband and I are making plans to take a giant leap off the fast track ourselves. It's getting old..... and so are we! I like the idea of a simpler life and really experiencing it and the people and things around us. Not some kind of an existence where we've got one foot in reality and the other foot is "virtual"..... floating out there in cyberspace!

Jennifer DeJonghe said...

It is funny - I spend most of the year immersed in technology - and then for weeks each summer I ditch all of it and go backpacking without a phone, gps or anything. Maybe everyone has a technology "breaking point". Oh, and here is a funny spoof of second life you might like:
http://www.getafirstlife.com/